It’s no secret that I love food, all types of food, but my favorites would have to be sushi and Thai food. The only problem here is both typically contain a lot of rice and unless I’m enjoying a cheat meal or an off-season post-workout meal than this is just not possible – unless I get creative. One of the easiest ways to enjoy one of these favorites without the added carbs is by making it yourself with “cauliflower rice.” Cauliflower is a very versatile vegetable and can be used for many things but cauliflower rice is definitely one of my favorites. Here’s how to make it:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Garlic (optional)
- Himalayan Salt (optional)
- Grate cauliflower in a large bowl
- Add spices to taste
- Microwave or steam for 8 minutes
- Saute for a “fried rice” texture (optional)
That’s it! Use your cauliflower rice for any dishes you like and enjoy one of your favorites without the added calories
Coming soon: Cauliflower Sushi Recipe.
Written by Ricky Goodall
As health risks associated with poor nutrition become more and more apparent, and the need for proper education on the subject continues to grow, it’s fortunate we live in a time where a vast amount of information is available at our fingertips.
This need has sent people in search for both new and cutting edge information that fits best into their lifestyle. Nutritional theories such as the Paleolithic, gluten-free and low-carb diets have gained popularity. However, these diets can lead to some complications.
One of my favorite breakfast meals is bacon and eggs and without excess carbs this meal can be enjoyed guilt free. The bacon and eggs are from a local butcher called the Highland Drive Storehouse and the veggies and Greek Yogurt are organic! Who says eating clean can’t be delicious?
Brew 5-6 teabags of your choice – steep for 10 minutes in 2 cups of hot water. Add steeped tea, ice and water to a 2 quart pitcher Add 1 teaspoon liquid stevia.
Mix all together in a 2L pitcher. Chill and enjoy!
- 4oz Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2tsp Baking Powder
- 1 scoop Nutrabolics Isobolic Protein Powder
- 2oz Blueberries
- 4oz Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/8cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/2tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients (except blueberries) and combine with a whisk.
- In the same mixing bowl add the wet ingredients and combine with a whisk.
- Set a non-stick frying pan to medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Drop batter onto the pan and add blueberries, using about ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Flip when the edges become cooked and bubbles appear on the surface.
- Serve immediately, or package between layers of parchment paper in a Ziploc bag and freeze. To reheat, place a pancake in the toaster or microwave for about 45 seconds.
Makes two servings.